One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the ligamental area overgrows the hinge plate, the dorsal parts of the oldest hinge teeth are resorbed and the hinge sockets are filled up with a fibrous prismatic texture.’
- ‘Therefore, in larger shells, only the latest built ligamental chevrons and the ventral ends of the older ones remain functional.’
- ‘In the duplivincular ligament system, the lamellar ligament is stretched between the ligamental areas on the two valves, exerting a force to open the valves, while the fibrous ligament acts passively along the hinge axis.’
- ‘This could well be applicable to to the ligamental articulations of fossil crinoids.’
- ‘The articular surface of the head lacks the ligamental fossa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.