One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause someone to become more cheerful.‘your kind words truly lifted my spirits’
- ‘The guides lifted our spirits as they sang songs in unison.’
- ‘A letter from his sister raised his spirits.’
- ‘The start of the finale is enough to raise everyone's spirits.’
- ‘I threw a ball to him before the game in an effort to lift his spirits.’
- ‘A fortnight by the sea will be just the thing to lift my spirits.’
- ‘He always said something to lift her spirits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.