Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A choice a person makes about how to live and behave, according to their attitudes, tastes, and values.‘the programme taught participants how to make better lifestyle choices’
- ‘Getting youngsters to make healthy lifestyle choices is the goal of this group.’
- ‘In other countries a decision to live 50 kilometres away from your workplace in a large city can be a wise economic and lifestyle choice.’
- ‘Nowadays, the labels 'liberal' and 'conservative' aren't simply political affiliations, they're a matter of what the marketers call 'lifestyle choices'.’
- ‘The biggest tragedy here is that each of us has the ability to avoid or overcome these illnesses by making better lifestyle choices.’
- ‘Students took a quiz consisting of thirteen questions designed to assess their lifestyle choices.’
- ‘Getting into debt is extremely easy, but getting out of debt can take years of hard work and can limit lifestyle choices.’
- ‘What effect does living in poverty have on making appropriate lifestyle choices?’
- ‘I know that different lifestyle choices are valid, and I also know that people disagree with me.’
- ‘It's fun, it's good exercise, and it helps the kids make smarter lifestyle choices.’
- ‘Being single or childless can be a lifestyle choice or a consequence of circumstances beyond an individual's control.’
- ‘With all of the information that we now send and receive over the Internet, it's hard to imagine how we retain much privacy about our spending habits or our lifestyle choices.’
- ‘Now you're a jobbing author, how are you finding it as a lifestyle choice?’
- ‘We made a lifestyle choice and the entire family is happier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.