One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of all the kinds of birds observed by a person during his or her life.‘it became the first warbler on my life list’
- ‘I added 102 birds to my life list, bringing me up to 517.’
- ‘Travis has a stupendous 4,500 birds on his life list and is determined to bring the tally to 5,000 before he's through.’
- ‘After your life list, year list, country list, state list, county list, and backyard list, you've got to admit enough is enough.’
- ‘Maybe I'll even add a few non-Coulee Audubon birders to my life list in the process.’
- ‘This happy turn of events brings our life list of warblers up to 22.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.