Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list of all the kinds of birds observed by a person during his or her life.‘it became the first warbler on my life list’
- ‘This happy turn of events brings our life list of warblers up to 22.’
- ‘Travis has a stupendous 4,500 birds on his life list and is determined to bring the tally to 5,000 before he's through.’
- ‘After your life list, year list, country list, state list, county list, and backyard list, you've got to admit enough is enough.’
- ‘Maybe I'll even add a few non-Coulee Audubon birders to my life list in the process.’
- ‘I added 102 birds to my life list, bringing me up to 517.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.