One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said to indicate that the speaker feels there are better uses of their time than the activity in question.‘life is too short to read the small print on financial documents’‘life is too short for movies that are just OK’
- ‘I think life's too short to stay home.’
- ‘Life's too short to waste time on doing things you already know you don't enjoy.’
- ‘Life's too short to be miserable for too long.’
- ‘You don't have to pay a fortune for the bottles you drink on holiday, but life is too short to drink bad wine.’
- ‘The illness was a reminder that life's too short, so he ended his third marriage.’
- ‘Life is too short for brooding about the vocabularies of strangers.’
- ‘Life's too short not to relax and enjoy yourself.’
- ‘Life's too short to hang around with jerks.’
- ‘Only go to the best cafes, because life is too short for bad coffee.’
- ‘I figured life was too short to diet and ate to my heart's content.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.