One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said to indicate that the speaker feels there are better uses of their time than the activity in question.‘life is too short to read the small print on financial documents’‘life is too short for movies that are just OK’
- ‘The illness was a reminder that life's too short, so he ended his third marriage.’
- ‘Life's too short not to relax and enjoy yourself.’
- ‘Life is too short for brooding about the vocabularies of strangers.’
- ‘Life's too short to hang around with jerks.’
- ‘Life's too short to be miserable for too long.’
- ‘Life's too short to waste time on doing things you already know you don't enjoy.’
- ‘Only go to the best cafes, because life is too short for bad coffee.’
- ‘You don't have to pay a fortune for the bottles you drink on holiday, but life is too short to drink bad wine.’
- ‘I think life's too short to stay home.’
- ‘I figured life was too short to diet and ate to my heart's content.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.