One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Serving to maintain and continue life.‘life-preserving medical treatment’
- ‘Although no regimen we follow will guarantee that we'll never face a serious health challenge, committing to a regular exercise program is one of the most important life-preserving steps we can take.’
- ‘Pain's unpleasantness provides the motivation for adaptive, life-preserving responses.’
- ‘My son knows me as a life-preserving force, a savior of ladybugs and mice.’
- ‘At one time in our past, this fear was productive and life-preserving, but not any more.’
- ‘Similarly he spoke of the sea as being at one time both life-preserving (to fish) and death-dealing (to humans), and "the path up and the path down are one and the same."’
- ‘The police cannot and should be tempted into eye-for-an-eye tactics, but clearly there is room for improvement in the way that officers are engaging crime on the streets and a need for more cautious, life-preserving strategies in approaching crime scenes.’
- ‘Those were the charmed substances that some years ago were felt to contain life-preserving properties.’
- ‘The day I visited the clinic, there were no life-preserving antiretroviral drugs.’
- ‘The life-preserving benefits of long-term oxygen therapy (LTOT) were established nearly 2 decades ago.’
- ‘As we prepare to venture beyond the life-preserving cocoon, we will quickly find out how much our life depends on the invisible magnetic force field around our planet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.