One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be going to happen.‘I'm excited by what lies ahead’
- ‘Aslan, the great lion, is the only creature that can protect them from the terrifying danger that lies ahead.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there is no end in sight, though the roadmap suggests that something vague lies ahead.’
- ‘But even with that success there are still many challenges lying ahead.’
- ‘Why has God cursed me with such a gift, to see what lies ahead in a town with such hardships and pain ahead?’
- ‘Surely a new horizon lies ahead for all of us should we remain on track with our commitment towards making this dream a reality.’
- ‘At that time no-one was thinking of the unknown lying ahead.’
- ‘‘I think there are big problems lying ahead and one day those donor countries will wake up,’ he says.’
- ‘Her determination, which brought her riches, will see her through what lies ahead.’
- ‘I would add that the conference's refined dialogue and inquiry did not blunt the prickly sense of more image-trouble lying ahead.’
- ‘And yet for all the uncertainty regarding what lies ahead, would City supporters want it any different?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.