One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) the periods of the day during which alcoholic drinks may be sold legally.‘the bar is shutting down because it could not extend its licensing hours’
- ‘Any decision to change licensing hours must be endorsed by the province, which fixes the hours bars are allowed to operate.’
- ‘An application for longer licensing hours will be heard today.’
- ‘The court was told he was angry the shop worker would not serve him with alcohol outside of licensing hours.’
- ‘A review of the premises by the Council's licensing sub-committee resulted in restrictions to her licensing hours.’
- ‘Street food chefs fear the cosmopolitan image of the city will be damaged by strict licensing hours and bureaucracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.