One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holder of a licence, especially to sell alcoholic drinks.
- ‘Licensing officers also train licensees, who must undergo the training to get a licence.’
- ‘I am sure that your licensees will sympathise that this is no easy task.’
- ‘This is the same principle as allows a licensee who is in de facto possession to evict a trespasser.’
- ‘We have restrictions and licensees are selling the products that they are legally allowed to.’
- ‘How does this permit State activity of this sort directed to a licensee as to what they may or may not broadcast?’
- ‘Refunds for tickets associated with suites will be sent directly to the suite licensee and not to individual ticket stub holders.’
- ‘Common fairness might well require that that should be done in the case of a licensee just as much as the case of a tenant.’
- ‘Since the end of January, the council has been consulting residents, business owners and licensees about the ban.’
- ‘First, these separated the sale of beer from its brewing, and required all licensees to sell both beer and spirits.’
- ‘The plaintiff, who was on the defendant's land as a licensee, was injured by the negligent shunting of railway trucks.’
- ‘If they have given a licensee a licence which cannot be revoked that does not prevent them from being liable under the contract for its breach.’
- ‘The licensees accepted that it was not possible for them to operate a successful registration scheme.’
- ‘The rear driveway may be used by all of them, their visitors and licensees.’
- ‘There were only two situations in which the patentee or its licensee could obtain injunctive relief of the type being sought here.’
- ‘The agreement was expressed to be a licence personal to the licensee.’
- ‘Indeed it is difficult to discover even partial delegation of the licensee's proprietary or managerial functions.’
- ‘In many cases the application of the rule raises the question whether the licensee has been guilty of contributory negligence.’
- ‘The four persons named as the successful licensees in the final certificate are the respondents to this appeal.’
- ‘Accordingly, the occupier did not have exclusive possession of his room, and was a licensee and not a tenant.’
- ‘The Second Defendant is a United Kingdom subsidiary of the First Defendant and its licensee in the United Kingdom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.