One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often in names An organized political group campaigning to gain independence for a country or against discrimination or cruel treatment.‘the National Liberation Front’‘the Animal Liberation Front’
- ‘Another faction, the Moro National Liberation Front, laid down its arms five years ago.’
- ‘The Earth Liberation Front (ELF), is a radical environmental group of unclear origins.’
- ‘Immediately following the Stonewall riots, Gay Liberation Fronts were formed in five American cities.’
- ‘By 1991, the Eritrean People's Liberation Front succeeded in establishing the Provisional Government of Eritrea.’
- ‘In 1975 the Tamil United Front changed its name to the Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.