One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often in names An organized political group campaigning to gain independence for a country or against discrimination or cruel treatment.‘the National Liberation Front’‘the Animal Liberation Front’
- ‘Immediately following the Stonewall riots, Gay Liberation Fronts were formed in five American cities.’
- ‘The Earth Liberation Front (ELF), is a radical environmental group of unclear origins.’
- ‘In 1975 the Tamil United Front changed its name to the Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF).’
- ‘Another faction, the Moro National Liberation Front, laid down its arms five years ago.’
- ‘By 1991, the Eritrean People's Liberation Front succeeded in establishing the Provisional Government of Eritrea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.