One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex.
- ‘Urge authorities to protect the activists and to officially recognize that LGBTI issues are human rights issues protected under various international agreements.’
- ‘I strongly believe the education system fails young LGBTI people every day.’
- ‘This town's Pride is for the LGBTI community and our straight supporters to come together and share in the warmth of a united group of interesting peeps.’
- ‘For years, the summit has refused to even discuss LGBTI human rights, let alone support LGBTI equality.’
- ‘Another lawyer who represents LGBTI clients has received similar threats.’
- ‘"With great pride I would like to congratulate the entire LGBTI community," said a visibly moved Celina.’
- ‘For the first time in its history, the forum was to feature LGBTI activists in dialogue with policy makers.’
- ‘He said they hosted everything from LGBTI groups to poetry, green groups, burlesque, comedy, fundraisers, and emerging musician and artist nights.’
- ‘We recognize that funding is but one indicator of support, but the confluence of events described above has created a hostile environment for the LGBTI community.’
- ‘"We cannot stand by and ignore this gross international threat to human rights, which could set back the human rights of LGBTI people everywhere," she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.