One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex.
- ‘We recognize that funding is but one indicator of support, but the confluence of events described above has created a hostile environment for the LGBTI community.’
- ‘This town's Pride is for the LGBTI community and our straight supporters to come together and share in the warmth of a united group of interesting peeps.’
- ‘"We cannot stand by and ignore this gross international threat to human rights, which could set back the human rights of LGBTI people everywhere," she said.’
- ‘For the first time in its history, the forum was to feature LGBTI activists in dialogue with policy makers.’
- ‘Another lawyer who represents LGBTI clients has received similar threats.’
- ‘For years, the summit has refused to even discuss LGBTI human rights, let alone support LGBTI equality.’
- ‘He said they hosted everything from LGBTI groups to poetry, green groups, burlesque, comedy, fundraisers, and emerging musician and artist nights.’
- ‘Urge authorities to protect the activists and to officially recognize that LGBTI issues are human rights issues protected under various international agreements.’
- ‘"With great pride I would like to congratulate the entire LGBTI community," said a visibly moved Celina.’
- ‘I strongly believe the education system fails young LGBTI people every day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.