Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for l-dopa
- ‘Although levodopa remains the optimal treatment for Parkinson's disease, ropinirole provides similar improvements in functional abilities while minimising abnormal involuntary movements.’
- ‘In the past, pyridoxine restriction was recommended for patients using levodopa, as pyridoxine facilitates the conversion of levodopa to dopamine outside the brain.’
- ‘While levodopa and other drugs can ease the symptoms of PD, none of the current treatments has been shown to slow the course of the disease.’
- ‘If they have not had any levodopa they will benefit from levodopa treatment or from controlled release levodopa.’
- ‘DDCIs limit conversion of levodopa to dopamine in peripheral tissues, which allows a greater proportion of the levodopa to enter the brain and minimizes its adverse side effects.’
- ‘Other amines and amine precursors such as histamine, dopamine, levodopa, and tyrosine may also be involved in these reactions.’
- ‘In the case of vitamin B6, treatment with levodopa alone often raises the levels of this vitamin, so co-supplementation is contraindicated.’
- ‘The dopamine precursor levodopa is the most common treatment for Parkinson's disease.’
- ‘Ziprasidone may antagonize the effects of levodopa and dopamine agonists.’
- ‘Dopamine agonists may be given in combination with levodopa to help maintain its beneficial effect, or sometimes on their own in the early stages.’
- ‘He added that the findings imply that patients being treated with levodopa should ask their neurologists to monitor the level of homocysteine in their blood, particularly if they are at risk for heart disease.’
- ‘However, with the realisation that the response to levodopa in Parkinson's disease tends to wear off and in itself can produce dyskinesias, pallidotomy gained renewed acceptance as a treatment if the disease proved refractory.’
- ‘Some patients with mild symptoms may elect not to use medications; others may benefit from levodopa or a dopamine agonist.’
- ‘Dyskinesias are caused by levodopa, the mainstay medication in Parkinson's treatment.’
- ‘Although treatment with the drug levodopa can restore almost normal movement in many patients with early Parkinson's Disease, the treatment gradually loses effectiveness as the disease progresses.’
- ‘The drug levodopa, which is used more commonly than dopamine agonists to treat Parkinson's, was not linked to any compulsive behaviors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.