Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for vitiligo
- ‘These patches are frequently confused with vitiligo or leucoderma, in which the patches are usually larger and have well defined convex borders, sometimes with a rim of hyper or increased pigmentation.’
- ‘I would like to use ‘fairness essences’ to lighten the freckles but am apprehensive that it may lead to leucoderma.’
- ‘Micro punch grafting is the premier therapy where normal skin in transplanted to areas affected by leucoderma.’
- ‘While there have been no systematic studies here on a condition such as leucoderma, dermatologists agree that pollution could be a cause.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.