One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tool used for opening envelopes, typically one shaped like a knife.‘a letter opener can be seen at the front of the desk’
- ‘She slit the side of the thick envelope with the tarnished letter opener.’
- ‘Maybe the he couldn't find money in the budget for a letter opener.’
- ‘I've had one letter opener seized, and two Swiss army knives.’
- ‘Police now believe the letter opener to have been the murder weapon.’
- ‘He pulled the plastic bag containing the letter opener out of his jacket pocket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.