One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stop interfering with someone or something.‘let him be—he knows what he wants’
- ‘She has a wonderful acceptance of the world, of letting things be.’
- ‘Irritated, she turned to me at a noisy high school basketball game, complaining that I should let things be, stop applying words to our friends, stop seeking motives and positing consequences.’
- ‘Not everybody is content with letting things be.’
- ‘Nobody likes a control freak, so stop being a bossyboots and let things be.’
- ‘That includes recognizing without anxiety the sources of your tension and letting them be.’
- ‘He stopped frozen and let me be, which was the best choice he could have made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.