One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stop interfering with someone or something.‘let him be—he knows what he wants’
- ‘That includes recognizing without anxiety the sources of your tension and letting them be.’
- ‘Irritated, she turned to me at a noisy high school basketball game, complaining that I should let things be, stop applying words to our friends, stop seeking motives and positing consequences.’
- ‘Nobody likes a control freak, so stop being a bossyboots and let things be.’
- ‘He stopped frozen and let me be, which was the best choice he could have made.’
- ‘Not everybody is content with letting things be.’
- ‘She has a wonderful acceptance of the world, of letting things be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.