One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behave uninhibitedly.‘let your hair down and just have some fun’
have a good time, have a great time, enjoy oneself, have fun, make merry, have the time of one's life, let oneself go, have a flingView synonyms
- ‘It's a frenetic fortnight when people let their hair down and enjoy themselves to the full.’
- ‘They also have the chance to let their hair down and enjoy a drink or two and party the night away!’
- ‘It is also to let your hair down, unwind and enjoy yourself.’
- ‘They should be jolly occasions, a chance to let your hair down and enjoy yourself, but there's always the nightmare of what to wear.’
- ‘She had forgotten how great it felt to just let her hair down and get loose with the ones she held dearest.’
- ‘This week has a nice surprise with your name on it - so stop work, let your hair down and enjoy it.’
- ‘A short vacation allows you to let your hair down and enjoy natural surroundings with a loved one.’
- ‘People choose to go there on holiday to let their hair down and enjoy themselves.’
- ‘Secretaries, spouses, their children and the bosses were there, letting their hair down literally and enjoying themselves.’
- ‘The evening is a chance for people to let their hair down and enjoy some great racing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.