One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexual attraction or sexual activity between women.‘pop stars who flirt with lesbianism for publicity’
- ‘A hint of lesbianism is introduced into the relationship between the two girls.’
- ‘The poet, who acknowledged her lesbianism only late in a long, distinguished career, perhaps had her sexual identity in mind in this poem.’
- ‘The book is less about lesbianism than it is about self-discovery.’
- ‘The film makes no attempt to explore political or philosophical aspects of lesbianism, opting instead to focus on seduction scenes.’
- ‘Some readers might argue that the novel encourages the view that lesbianism is a function of childhood sexual abuse.’
- ‘The text questions the safe and legitimate parameters of sex and flirts with the idea of lesbianism.’
- ‘Did she marry a man because she feared her own lesbianism?’
- ‘Homosexuality and lesbianism were still considered reasons to prohibit a movie's release.’
- ‘There's a suggestion that her lesbianism is only her latest ploy to gain her husband's attention.’
- ‘The author deals with the difficulties of lesbianism in a world coloured not only by racism, but also homophobia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.