Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- ‘Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.’
- ‘The brain weighed 1620 g, and macroscopic examination revealed congested leptomeninges covering the cerebral hemispheres.’
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
- ‘The most common intracranial sites of prostate cancer metastasis are the leptomeninges, cerebrum, and cerebellum.’
- ‘Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.