Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- ‘Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).’
- ‘The most common intracranial sites of prostate cancer metastasis are the leptomeninges, cerebrum, and cerebellum.’
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
- ‘The brain weighed 1620 g, and macroscopic examination revealed congested leptomeninges covering the cerebral hemispheres.’
- ‘Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.