One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- ‘Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.’
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
- ‘The most common intracranial sites of prostate cancer metastasis are the leptomeninges, cerebrum, and cerebellum.’
- ‘The brain weighed 1620 g, and macroscopic examination revealed congested leptomeninges covering the cerebral hemispheres.’
- ‘Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.