One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In previous samples, these characters have been shown to exhibit very little directional asymmetry and slight leptokurtosis, as expected of FA.’
- ‘In contrast, creek chubs showed little evidence of persistent upstream bias, and their leptokurtosis, while evident in the first three months, showed a decreasing trend with time, vanishing by the fourth month.’
- ‘The spatial spread of the most abundant species, bluehead chubs, over a four-month period was characterized by upstream bias, diffusion-like spread, and persistent leptokurtosis.’
- ‘The population heterogeneity model matched the leptokurtosis, variance, and overall distribution of the movement data.’
- ‘Since leptokurtosis is a common pattern in movement data, a model of movement with population heterogeneity, such as that described here, may prove useful whenever spatial structure is implicated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.