One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the more severe of the two principal forms of leprosy, marked by thickening of the skin and nerves, the formation of lumps on the skin, and often severe loss of feeling and paralysis leading to disfigurement.Compare with tuberculoid
- ‘Type 2 reactions affect about 20% of patients with lepromatous leprosy.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis in this case includes secondary syphilis, lepromatous leprosy, cutaneous tuberculosis, and discoid lupus erythematosus.’
- ‘Borderline leprosy shows an intermediate appearance between the tuberculoid and lepromatous types.’
- ‘While patients with tuberculoid leprosy have only a few organisms, those with lepromatous leprosy have abundant bacteria.’
- ‘It was within the lepromatous skin nodules using primitive staining techniques that he saw masses of rodshaped bodies.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.