One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tube or ring attached to the front of a camera lens to prevent unwanted light from reaching the film.
- ‘Another lens accessory the camera person may consider using is a lens hood.’
- ‘This camera is fairly compact, but the large lens hood, camera length and styling lend themselves somewhat to a pro look.’
- ‘A special lens or lens hood is used to achieve a gradual light falloff toward the corners of the image frame.’
- ‘The primary use for a lens hood is to prevent light from hitting the front lens element from the sides.’
- ‘A good lens hood can nearly eliminate flare caused by stray light from outside the angle of view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.