Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tube or ring attached to the front of a camera lens to prevent unwanted light from reaching the film.
- ‘A special lens or lens hood is used to achieve a gradual light falloff toward the corners of the image frame.’
- ‘Another lens accessory the camera person may consider using is a lens hood.’
- ‘The primary use for a lens hood is to prevent light from hitting the front lens element from the sides.’
- ‘This camera is fairly compact, but the large lens hood, camera length and styling lend themselves somewhat to a pro look.’
- ‘A good lens hood can nearly eliminate flare caused by stray light from outside the angle of view.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.