One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protective cover for a camera lens.‘he had forgotten to remove the lens cap’
- ‘Just before you replace the batteries, put the lens cap back on.’
- ‘I bet they would've turned out better if I'd had the lens cap off.’
- ‘It comes complete with lithium battery, battery charger, lens cap, and shoulder strap, but you'll need to invest in a carry case to protect your investment.’
- ‘They printed photos of the defence minister trying to watch military manoeuvres through binoculars with the lens caps still on.’
- ‘It is advisable to not have the lens cap attached to the camera with a string.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.