One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Its sour, lemony flavour meant it was a traditional substitute when lemons were out of season.’
- ‘Andrew said his cheesecake was not too tangy but nice and lemony, and the ice-cream was a delicious accompaniment.’
- ‘Spoon the lemony juices from the bottom of the pan onto the chicken.’
- ‘We ate the smoky, lemony vegetables slightly warm, while the basil still had all its peppery, clove-like scent.’
- ‘Then there was a ramekin of lemony aubergine pate which was, in truth, more of a dip and tasted of red pepper rather than aubergine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.