Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A South American shrub of the verbena family, with lemon-scented leaves that are used as flavouring and to make a sedative tea.→ verbena
- ‘The severe summer drought got to the lemon verbena long before my silver maples started shedding leaves in stress.’
- ‘Try herbs such as chamomile, mint, marjoram, lemon verbena, or scented geraniums (Pelargoniums).’
- ‘Being a deciduous shrub, lemon verbena will drop its leaves for a few months during the winter.’
- ‘If you're into herb teas German chamomile, lemon verbena and sage are sunny stalwarts.’
- ‘The Brombals have also grown artichokes, arugula, chard, and lots of herbs, including basil, chives, and lemon verbena.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.