One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thyme of a hybrid variety having lemon-scented leaves.
Thymus × citriodorus, family Labiatae
- ‘Crushed lemon thyme can also come in handy to overcome the problem.’
- ‘Tie the peppercorns and lemon thyme in cheesecloth to make a sachet.’
- ‘I especially like to use lemon thyme - just kneeling down to weed in that area becomes an olfactory pleasure.’
- ‘Herbs that do well in these conditions include rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, marjoram, oregano, artemesia, and sage.’
- ‘The flesh has a light, delicate taste that goes well with fresh herbs such as lemon thyme and parsley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.