Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Let me.‘lemme ask you something’
- ‘To cut this rant off while it's still semi-coherent, lemme go back to the remark that started all this.’
- ‘If you know of any more sites featuring similar stuff, lemme know.’
- ‘If some kindly soul can figure out what's wrong and lemme know, I will endeavor to fix it ASAP.’
- ‘And lemme know if you have any ideas for the database.’
- ‘I'll be looking up addresses and numbers and such so if you want one lemme know.’
- ‘Well, lemme ease back into this whole posting thing slowly.’
- ‘Bobby said ‘wait, lemme warn the guys in back.’’
- ‘Well, lemme go get some Pepsi and go sit in front of the TV.’
- ‘Going back to the filibuster, before you all decide to send me angry emails, lemme make one point clear.’
- ‘If anybody has news of the crazy critter, please lemme know if he's okay.’
- ‘Before you run away, lemme just say that I'm pretty sobered up now.’
- ‘If you have trouble reading this template, please lemme know!’
- ‘I think I took care of most things during the transition, but if something seems weird, lemme know.’
- ‘If you know anyone who wants to buy a couch, lemme know.’
- ‘If so, lemme know, because I'm about to kill mine.’
- ‘Well, lemme get my room first and then, I'll come down to meet everyone.’
- ‘Before I go, lemme reiterate how much I appreciate you guys.’
- ‘So as long as I'm stuck inside, lemme give you some highlights from the last month!’
- ‘So if you decide to go with the moratorium, lemme know how it goes, but I won't be with you.’
- ‘But lemme tell you guys, we basically spent that whole year hating each other till that afternoon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.