One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casual clothes designed to be worn for leisure activities.as modifier ‘a leisurewear company’
- ‘A new range of merchandising units along with a new range of leisurewear has now been ordered, which should be with us by early April.’
- ‘For marginalised black Americans, wearing what is ostensibly leisurewear became a symbol of exclusion from the labour market.’
- ‘Frankly, some of these hawkers would try to palm you off with a tracksuit full of holes and call it aerated leisurewear.’
- ‘Children attending the camps need leisurewear, packed lunches, plenty of drinks and tuck money.’
- ‘It will feature ethnic clothing from Traidcraft and leisurewear such as tracksuits by Gossipium.’
- ‘I prefer my leisurewear prefaced with a Stella Mc, and my exercise as bloodless as her mother's sausages.’
- ‘I almost laugh but Martin Compston, patron saint of leisurewear in Scotland, just grins.’
- ‘We have a full wardrobe capability for all military, police, workwear, civilian and leisurewear garments.’
- ‘Compston saunters in 10 minutes later, resplendent in full leisurewear regalia.’
- ‘We are at a time when current fashion trends are remarkably amenable to gun concealment, particularly in leisurewear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.