One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large establishment (or group of establishments) that provides facilities for a wide range of entertainment, exercise, and sport.
- ‘The Glasshouse, which is situated between the Playhouse Theatre and the Omni leisure complex, occupies around 85,000 sq ft of space.’
- ‘He wants to develop the estate as a leisure complex, transforming the castle into a luxury hotel, with part of the estate to be turned into a golf course.’
- ‘It was subsequently acquired by an American firm, which planned to build a large leisure complex that would have included a casino and conference centre.’
- ‘Ideally, they want to stay in a hotel beside the course and have access to a leisure complex.’
- ‘In addition to the house there is a leisure complex to the north, which includes a large function room or gymnasium and a swimming pool which is in need of some maintenance.’
- ‘With the closure of the Water Place a couple of years ago, the town will be left without a leisure complex for the community.’
- ‘I've got a great picture of Sammy from the Evening Press, so when he goes, I'll hang that in the leisure complex as a reminder.’
- ‘Asked about the new leisure complex, he said: ‘We are not exclusive.’’
- ‘Bannatyne Fitness wants to build the casino on land between its existing leisure complex in Howard Road and the A1306 road.’
- ‘It's estimated that the leisure complex could create as many as 200 jobs.’
- ‘The Herald and Craven district councillors were given a guided tour of the leisure complex on Tuesday by Allenbuild quantity surveyor Richard Grundy.’
- ‘A derelict factory site should be transformed into a leisure complex and new civic centre, the town's Mayor has claimed.’
- ‘What we need is a leisure complex, swimming pool and youth club combined.’
- ‘Plans were unveiled for a leisure complex, including a 10-screen cinema, next to Blackburn railway station, which could create more than 200 new jobs.’
- ‘And it stands as something of an eyesore, situated opposite Urbis and the Printworks leisure complex in the new, revitalised quarter of the city.’
- ‘Hull City football club is hoping to increase the capacity of the KC Stadium to 34,000 seats, with a new casino, hotel and leisure complex.’
- ‘Councillors meet next week to decide whether to give £80,000 towards the permanent screen on the side of the new leisure complex in the square.’
- ‘Council chiefs have been staying tight-lipped over the future of the key leisure complex since announcing in August that they had received 11 bids from potential developers.’
- ‘The leisure complex will include a swimming pool and gym, which will be particularly targeted at Dunmore East's local population and the autumn/winter short breaks tourism sector.’
- ‘The Tarn House at Stirton, Skipton, has been sold to the caravan park next door, believed to be for development into a clubhouse and leisure complex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.