One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large establishment (or group of establishments) that provides facilities for a wide range of entertainment, exercise, and sport.
- ‘Council chiefs have been staying tight-lipped over the future of the key leisure complex since announcing in August that they had received 11 bids from potential developers.’
- ‘The leisure complex will include a swimming pool and gym, which will be particularly targeted at Dunmore East's local population and the autumn/winter short breaks tourism sector.’
- ‘It was subsequently acquired by an American firm, which planned to build a large leisure complex that would have included a casino and conference centre.’
- ‘What we need is a leisure complex, swimming pool and youth club combined.’
- ‘Hull City football club is hoping to increase the capacity of the KC Stadium to 34,000 seats, with a new casino, hotel and leisure complex.’
- ‘He wants to develop the estate as a leisure complex, transforming the castle into a luxury hotel, with part of the estate to be turned into a golf course.’
- ‘The Glasshouse, which is situated between the Playhouse Theatre and the Omni leisure complex, occupies around 85,000 sq ft of space.’
- ‘It's estimated that the leisure complex could create as many as 200 jobs.’
- ‘I've got a great picture of Sammy from the Evening Press, so when he goes, I'll hang that in the leisure complex as a reminder.’
- ‘Asked about the new leisure complex, he said: ‘We are not exclusive.’’
- ‘A derelict factory site should be transformed into a leisure complex and new civic centre, the town's Mayor has claimed.’
- ‘Ideally, they want to stay in a hotel beside the course and have access to a leisure complex.’
- ‘And it stands as something of an eyesore, situated opposite Urbis and the Printworks leisure complex in the new, revitalised quarter of the city.’
- ‘The Herald and Craven district councillors were given a guided tour of the leisure complex on Tuesday by Allenbuild quantity surveyor Richard Grundy.’
- ‘The Tarn House at Stirton, Skipton, has been sold to the caravan park next door, believed to be for development into a clubhouse and leisure complex.’
- ‘In addition to the house there is a leisure complex to the north, which includes a large function room or gymnasium and a swimming pool which is in need of some maintenance.’
- ‘Plans were unveiled for a leisure complex, including a 10-screen cinema, next to Blackburn railway station, which could create more than 200 new jobs.’
- ‘With the closure of the Water Place a couple of years ago, the town will be left without a leisure complex for the community.’
- ‘Councillors meet next week to decide whether to give £80,000 towards the permanent screen on the side of the new leisure complex in the square.’
- ‘Bannatyne Fitness wants to build the casino on land between its existing leisure complex in Howard Road and the A1306 road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.