One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large public building with many different sports and exercise facilities.
- ‘An investigation was under way last night after 48 people were taken to hospital following a leak of toxic gas at a leisure centre.’
- ‘They were also able to play football and use the swimming pool and other facilities in the leisure centre.’
- ‘The new leisure centre will be funded by developers building on the Spring Gardens site.’
- ‘There is also a new leisure centre with a 20-metre pool, a gym and ancillary activities.’
- ‘There will also be a leisure centre with swimming pool and gymnasium.’
- ‘At the moment people from the area have to travel a long way to use a swimming pool or a leisure centre but this project will change all that.’
- ‘Always more than just a community leisure centre, the facilities need an overhaul.’
- ‘The new leisure centre replaces the municipal baths in the High Street, Thornton Heath.’
- ‘We have done a lot of petitioning outside the leisure centre and have so far got 581 signatures.’
- ‘Visit a local leisure centre to investigate sports and team activities to get involved in.’
- ‘The leisure centre is one of three in Uttlesford being built under a Private Finance Initiative.’
- ‘Paul has been a member of the leisure centre for a number of years and enjoys his morning gym sessions.’
- ‘The leisure centre in Donnybrook markets itself on its top-of-the range facilities.’
- ‘People in Chipping Norton are very fortunate to have both an open-air pool and a leisure centre.’
- ‘Near the museum is the Magnum leisure centre which houses a swimming pool and other sporting activities.’
- ‘Many of the activities for children at the Olympiad are not run by the leisure centre.’
- ‘Tough new powers could be given to police to tackle troublesome youths using a Chelmsford leisure centre as a race track.’
- ‘Disabled swimmers fear their warm-water pool will be lost under plans for a new leisure centre.’
- ‘The leisure centre will also be running a six-week exercise programme to coincide with the bar on cigarettes.’
- ‘Your local gym or leisure centre may be able to arrange a body composition test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.