One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large public building with many different sports and exercise facilities.
- ‘Many of the activities for children at the Olympiad are not run by the leisure centre.’
- ‘We have done a lot of petitioning outside the leisure centre and have so far got 581 signatures.’
- ‘An investigation was under way last night after 48 people were taken to hospital following a leak of toxic gas at a leisure centre.’
- ‘Your local gym or leisure centre may be able to arrange a body composition test.’
- ‘Always more than just a community leisure centre, the facilities need an overhaul.’
- ‘Visit a local leisure centre to investigate sports and team activities to get involved in.’
- ‘There is also a new leisure centre with a 20-metre pool, a gym and ancillary activities.’
- ‘Disabled swimmers fear their warm-water pool will be lost under plans for a new leisure centre.’
- ‘They were also able to play football and use the swimming pool and other facilities in the leisure centre.’
- ‘Tough new powers could be given to police to tackle troublesome youths using a Chelmsford leisure centre as a race track.’
- ‘There will also be a leisure centre with swimming pool and gymnasium.’
- ‘The leisure centre will also be running a six-week exercise programme to coincide with the bar on cigarettes.’
- ‘Near the museum is the Magnum leisure centre which houses a swimming pool and other sporting activities.’
- ‘People in Chipping Norton are very fortunate to have both an open-air pool and a leisure centre.’
- ‘At the moment people from the area have to travel a long way to use a swimming pool or a leisure centre but this project will change all that.’
- ‘The new leisure centre replaces the municipal baths in the High Street, Thornton Heath.’
- ‘Paul has been a member of the leisure centre for a number of years and enjoys his morning gym sessions.’
- ‘The leisure centre is one of three in Uttlesford being built under a Private Finance Initiative.’
- ‘The leisure centre in Donnybrook markets itself on its top-of-the range facilities.’
- ‘The new leisure centre will be funded by developers building on the Spring Gardens site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.