One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical and subtropical disease caused by leishmania and transmitted by the bite of sandflies. It affects either the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is considered the most likely to succumb to vaccination.’
- ‘Leishmania is a protozoan parasite and the causative agent of the disease leishmaniasis.’
- ‘The cutaneous form of leishmaniasis occurs from two weeks to six months after the bite of a sandfly.’
- ‘In cutaneous leishmaniasis, the systemic symptoms are usually absent.’
- ‘Various forms of leishmaniasis are spread by the sandfly and are endemic in 88 countries on five continents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.