Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A tropical and subtropical disease caused by leishmania and transmitted by the bite of sandflies. It affects either the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘Various forms of leishmaniasis are spread by the sandfly and are endemic in 88 countries on five continents.’
- ‘The cutaneous form of leishmaniasis occurs from two weeks to six months after the bite of a sandfly.’
- ‘In cutaneous leishmaniasis, the systemic symptoms are usually absent.’
- ‘Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is considered the most likely to succumb to vaccination.’
- ‘Leishmania is a protozoan parasite and the causative agent of the disease leishmaniasis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.