A furnace used for the annealing of glass.
lecherous look, lascivious look, suggestive look, ogle, sly glance, stareView synonyms
- ‘Bowman lehrs can be sourced from factories in Pennsylvania in the USA and the Czech Republic.’
- ‘We also do reconstruction and repair of lehrs previously installed by other manufacturers.’
- ‘The annealing and decorating lehrs are among the best known products of the company.’
- ‘This system is used in almost all the annealing and decorating lehrs.’
- ‘They are then gradually cooled in an annealing oven known as a lehr.’
Mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.