Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A full ankle-length skirt worn by Indian women, usually on formal or ceremonial occasions.
- ‘The lengha (long, flowing skirt) is also associated with the traditional dress of Rajasthan.’
- ‘There was a lot of music and dancing and many people wore traditional Indian clothing, including women's lenghas and sarees and Kurta pyjamas for the men.’
- ‘The bridesmaids’ lenghas ranged from orange to blue and came straight from India.’
- ‘These lehngas have been embroidered with intricate motifs and adorned with crystals and Swarovski.’
- ‘The store then makes space for bridal sarees and lehngas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.