Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A full ankle-length skirt worn by Indian women, usually on formal or ceremonial occasions.
- ‘There was a lot of music and dancing and many people wore traditional Indian clothing, including women's lenghas and sarees and Kurta pyjamas for the men.’
- ‘The lengha (long, flowing skirt) is also associated with the traditional dress of Rajasthan.’
- ‘The bridesmaids’ lenghas ranged from orange to blue and came straight from India.’
- ‘The store then makes space for bridal sarees and lehngas.’
- ‘These lehngas have been embroidered with intricate motifs and adorned with crystals and Swarovski.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.