Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lizard which lacks legs and has a snake-like or worm-like appearance, in particular.
- ‘There were also some reptiles including a legless lizard and a very pretty bynoe's gecko.’
- ‘Similarly, legless lizards have evolved many times.’
- ‘In the wild legless lizards feed on a variety of small mammals, bird eggs and invertebrates such as insects and earthworms.’
- ‘What's the difference between a legless lizard and a snake?’
- ‘If you've never seen a legless lizard you might want to compare it to a snake.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.