One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lizard which lacks legs and has a snake-like or worm-like appearance.
- ‘Similarly, legless lizards have evolved many times.’
- ‘In the wild legless lizards feed on a variety of small mammals, bird eggs and invertebrates such as insects and earthworms.’
- ‘What's the difference between a legless lizard and a snake?’
- ‘There were also some reptiles including a legless lizard and a very pretty bynoe's gecko.’
- ‘If you've never seen a legless lizard you might want to compare it to a snake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.