Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arrangement by which a couple remain married but live apart, following a court order.
- ‘Presumably, these rights would include the right to seek a legal separation, and to seek a divorce.’
- ‘Many unhappy spouses simply ran away or sought a legal separation.’
- ‘Spouses may achieve a legal separation simply by drawing up a deed of separation.’
- ‘It couldn't hurt to do some browsing to see what constitutes a legal separation, and to know your rights ahead of time.’
- ‘Thanksgiving came and went, and Marie's lawyer notified me that she was filing for a legal separation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.