Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arrangement by which a couple remain married but live apart, following a court order.Also called judicial separation
- ‘Spouses may achieve a legal separation simply by drawing up a deed of separation.’
- ‘Thanksgiving came and went, and Marie's lawyer notified me that she was filing for a legal separation.’
- ‘Presumably, these rights would include the right to seek a legal separation, and to seek a divorce.’
- ‘Many unhappy spouses simply ran away or sought a legal separation.’
- ‘It couldn't hurt to do some browsing to see what constitutes a legal separation, and to know your rights ahead of time.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.