One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An individual, company, or other entity which has legal rights and is subject to obligations.
- ‘In the first chapter we saw that the idea of the company as a separate legal person facilitates two core features of company law.’
- ‘Trusts, of course, are not legal persons and cannot sue or be sued.’
- ‘He accomplished this by our ignorance and lack of understanding of what constitutes a legal person.’
- ‘The hidden premise here is that the unborn life, from its conception, constitutes a legal person.’
- ‘The Supreme Court will decide that since they are not legal persons, the 13 th Amendment does not apply to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.