One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pad of lined paper, typically yellow, that measures 22 x 35.5 cm (8.5 x 14 inches).
- ‘She scribbled a few things on a yellow legal pad and left to give Adele privacy while she undressed.’
- ‘Both candidates are jotting something on legal pads.’
- ‘Another man with filthy clothes and wild hair spends hours filling legal pads with unintelligible squiggles.’
- ‘In this scene, Cavanagh sits at Ed's desk, writing on a yellow legal pad.’
- ‘He muttered as he reached for his bag and pulled out a yellow legal pad covered in scrawled writing.’
- ‘Through it all, Wetterling is rapt, alternately nodding with empathy and jotting down notes on a legal pad in her lap.’
- ‘Otis was at the counter writing furiously on his legal pad and barely acknowledging Adam as he ran into the back to grab his vest.’
- ‘Every time I mentioned a family member, a significant other, or a career move, Victoria would scribble something on a yellow legal pad.’
- ‘I gathered my legal pads, packed my laptop, bought a road map, and set off to do what real historians do.’
- ‘I got a yellow legal pad and a pencil and began to scribble.’
- ‘He spent a great deal of time writing on his legal pad and aggressively underlining whatever he was writing.’
- ‘He wrote out changes longhand on a yellow legal pad.’
- ‘They love to crunch numbers and scratch out mock drafts on legal pads at work.’
- ‘I got out a legal pad, drew three columns and labeled them ‘Option,’ ‘Pros’ and ‘Cons.’’
- ‘She jotted down notes frantically whenever she heard an insult she liked; soon she was on her fourth page on her yellow legal pad.’
- ‘It includes handwritten notes, audio recordings of conference calls and even a few doodles on legal pads.’
- ‘He had a few legal pads, a few pens, a pencil, and a paper folder for each subject.’
- ‘Jen had legal pads passed around to those who hadn't brought any so they could take notes and put down ideas they might come up with.’
- ‘As the editors explain, Reagan composed in longhand, usually on yellow legal pads, then had secretaries type his work.’
- ‘He put down his pen and handed the legal pad to his visitor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.