Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where one can obtain legal advice and assistance, paid for by legal aid.
- ‘Community legal clinics provide advice and representation to people with low incomes.’
- ‘Cromp says most of the city's legal clinics have already been closed or amalgamated due to budget cuts.’
- ‘Flegel, however, says that the legal clinic will involve more than just the criminal law aspect.’
- ‘When she tries to clear up the problem using a local legal clinic, it's too late: Kingsley's already purchased her house.’
- ‘Professors took up the cause in legal clinics, assigning students to reinvestigate cases of women who were in prison for killing their abusers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.