One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's authority under law to engage in a particular undertaking or maintain a particular status.
- ‘Well, we think it comes within matters relating to the status of the foreign corporation and its legal capacity, and the rights and liabilities of members.’
- ‘They had no legal capacity to approve misappropriation by a director of the company's property.’
- ‘All departments should examine their legal capacity to ensure it is adequate in the context of changing public demands and an increasingly litigious environment.’
- ‘The question then arises as to whether the pleadings here are sufficient to determine the issue of legal capacity.’
- ‘It stresses the importance of involving young people even when they lack the formal legal capacity to consent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.