One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's authority under law to engage in a particular undertaking or maintain a particular status.
- ‘It stresses the importance of involving young people even when they lack the formal legal capacity to consent.’
- ‘All departments should examine their legal capacity to ensure it is adequate in the context of changing public demands and an increasingly litigious environment.’
- ‘Well, we think it comes within matters relating to the status of the foreign corporation and its legal capacity, and the rights and liabilities of members.’
- ‘The question then arises as to whether the pleadings here are sufficient to determine the issue of legal capacity.’
- ‘They had no legal capacity to approve misappropriation by a director of the company's property.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.