One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stump on the leg side of a wicket.‘he let the next ball go by outside leg stump’
- ‘Some good bowling, attacking his leg stump, kept him cramped him up at first.’
- ‘To restrict Bradman, the English captain Douglas Jardine instructed his bowlers to direct their attack short on or outside the leg stump.’
- ‘He pitched one just outside the leg stump and I confidently let it go.’
- ‘But something was wrong with the picture - the bails remained firmly on the wicket, despite the leaning leg stump.’
- ‘In India itself he used Ashley Giles to bowl at or just outside the leg stump when Sachin Tendulkar was batting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.