One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stump on the leg side of a wicket.‘he let the next ball go by outside leg stump’
- ‘Some good bowling, attacking his leg stump, kept him cramped him up at first.’
- ‘He pitched one just outside the leg stump and I confidently let it go.’
- ‘To restrict Bradman, the English captain Douglas Jardine instructed his bowlers to direct their attack short on or outside the leg stump.’
- ‘In India itself he used Ashley Giles to bowl at or just outside the leg stump when Sachin Tendulkar was batting.’
- ‘But something was wrong with the picture - the bails remained firmly on the wicket, despite the leaning leg stump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.