One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A fielding position just behind the batsman on the leg side.
- ‘He also made 981 Test runs and took 64 catches, mostly in his specialist position at leg slip.’
- ‘Hall was bowling and Alexander had put Gilchrist to field at leg slip.’
- ‘In an Ashes Test in 1961, the camera panned in on an Australia fielder and Johnners observed: ‘There's Neil Harvey standing at leg slip with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle.’’
- 1.1 A fielder at leg slip.
- ‘It was not just spinners who bowled with a leg slip; often pacemen did so as well.’
- ‘He manages to get swiftly off the strike, and force the leg slip to rush back to his original position as quickly as he got there in the first place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.