One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A support for a seated person's leg.
- ‘A wheelchair leg rest is a wheelchair part that is used to support the leg.’
- ‘Chris sat on the leg rest in front of me and watched as I gave Caitlyn the nipple of the bottle.’
- ‘Houses are bigger, and extending leg rests popular.’
- ‘The upholstered seats have reclining backs with special back support, leg rests and a folding table.’
- ‘Quite a number of families are today prepared to shell out a small fortune to restore the long-discarded wooden chest or the ponderous easy chair with extendable leg rests which takes a couple of strong men to lift.’
- ‘The position of the foot plate on either standard footrests or elevating leg rests is adjustable to fit the user's leg length.’
- ‘This folding chair has fixed armrests, removable leg rests, is low maintenance and extremely cost effective.’
- ‘Swing away footrests and leg rests make it easier for you to transfer because they can be moved out of the way.’
- ‘For optimum comfort and safety, leg rests should provide a proper foundation for the legs and feet.’
- ‘One had a modern table with comfortable leg rests.’
- ‘The business-class leg rest can put undue pressure on the calves.’
- ‘Other features include quick release upper body straps, arm and leg rests, leg slings and multiple points of lift.’
- ‘This chair makes it easier for the carer to seat their patients without the hindrance of the armrests and leg rests when removed.’
- ‘I was a little concerned about Horizon cars on such a long run but noted that the ones on this train had been converted to long distance service with better seats and leg rests.’
- ‘That table really shouldn't be used as a leg rest.’
- ‘Such a complicated anchoring means would be unsuitable for the leg rest of the present invention.’
- ‘Relax, and rest your tired legs and feet with this extremely comfortable leg rest that is contoured to follow the shape of your legs and provide maximum support.’
- ‘Push a few buttons and, presto, your seat reclines, and your leg rest rises until you are lying down.’
- ‘Create a soothing ambiance with our optional CD Stereo System, or add back and leg rests for extra comfort.’
- ‘If it is important that the armrests and leg rests be accessible after the elder is seated, pivoting or rotating features may be best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.