One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A run scored from a ball that has touched part of the batsman's body (apart from the hand) without touching the bat, the batsman having made an attempt to hit it.‘victory was clinched by two leg byes’
- ‘Nevertheless, six runs were still required from the last over, in which a leg bye from ball five saw Kelfield victorious.’
- ‘And in cricket, leg byes aren't awarded if you were not playing a shot.’
- ‘The 22-year-old was taking a quick single from a leg bye when Lowerhouse professional Ryan Harris threw the ball towards the stumps in an effort to run him out but the ball thumped Barnes on the back of his head.’
- ‘A superb over from Suman, conceding just three singles and a leg bye, left Thompson and Taylor needing a momentous effort to win the game.’
- ‘Byes will be scored as extras, however leg byes will not be counted as extras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.