One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball which deviates from the leg side towards the off side after pitching.‘O'Reilly bowled medium-paced leg breaks’
- ‘The Sri Lankans may opt for the leg breaks of Upul Chandana, who is also an excellent fielder and decent batsman.’
- ‘Who else could bowl a bouncer, an off break, a leg break and a googly in an over and applaud when a batsman hooked a bouncer for a four?’
- ‘He bowls a decent leg break, but his batting skills need a lot of work.’
- ‘Golwalkar, on a one-match contract, broke through when Martin van Jaarsveld was stumped after being lured down the pitch by a ripping leg break.’
- ‘And at a young age I encourage people just to try and bowl a leg break and get the feel for it, and practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.