One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball which deviates from the leg side towards the off side after pitching.‘O'Reilly bowled medium-paced leg breaks’
- ‘Who else could bowl a bouncer, an off break, a leg break and a googly in an over and applaud when a batsman hooked a bouncer for a four?’
- ‘He bowls a decent leg break, but his batting skills need a lot of work.’
- ‘And at a young age I encourage people just to try and bowl a leg break and get the feel for it, and practice.’
- ‘Golwalkar, on a one-match contract, broke through when Martin van Jaarsveld was stumped after being lured down the pitch by a ripping leg break.’
- ‘The Sri Lankans may opt for the leg breaks of Upul Chandana, who is also an excellent fielder and decent batsman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.