One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast leg break.
- ‘Matthew Wood, a century-maker in each of his last two one-day innings, batted steadily until he had made 27 when he was bowled by a leg-cutter from Mark Ealham and it required all of Lehmann's skill to stop the collapse from continuing.’
- ‘Trescothick, with two sixes and 15 fours to his name, followed a Kasprowicz leg-cutter and was caught behind.’
- ‘On 333 for eight, Geraint Jones spilt a one-handed catch off Simon Jones's sharp leg-cutter to Gillespie.’
- ‘New batsman Ricky Ponting survives two leg-before-wicket shouts, but is squared up by a perfect leg-cutter on the last ball of the over and is caught behind.’
- ‘Tate never commanded the leg-cutter as Bedser did.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.