One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On all sides.‘deals were being done left, right, and centre’
- ‘People in this country are ripping off the taxpayer, left, right, and centre, and this bill provides another loophole.’
- ‘The show borrows elements from much better shows left, right, and center and comes up with few of its own original ideas.’
- ‘In a mild winter we are seeing people turning power off left, right, and centre.’
- ‘You already ruled on this when Mr Mallard was on his feet insulting people left, right, and centre.’
- ‘He was the Minister of Finance who cut funding left, right, and centre.’
- ‘There will be the defrauding of charities left, right, and centre because those people will be permitted to be on them.’
- ‘It is another classic example of this Labour Party taxing business left, right, and centre.’
- ‘Every one of us - left, right, and center - has to be challenged to care for the church as it is, not as we would like it to be.’
- ‘I'm turning theatre down left, right, and centre at the moment and I hope my plan pays off.’
- ‘I have cases left, right, and centre of families that are receiving phone calls from teachers, asking them why their kids are not at school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.