One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The man's eyes fell on Elizabeth and he smiled leeringly at her, showing a gold tooth.’
- ‘Budd Schulberg, in a 1946 Saturday Evening Post article, leeringly called her a ‘Nazi pinup girl.’’
- ‘He smiled leeringly and suddenly I felt sick to my stomach.’
- ‘I cautiously took a step forward, and looked at him leeringly.’
- ‘A sailor came up behind her and eyed her leeringly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.