One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I share Davies' leeriness with regard to management consultants.’
- ‘It's the leeriness that puts them ahead, I think.’
- ‘I could see the leeriness in their eyes as Lisa informed them that I would be staying with them for a few days, but the tension soon dissipated as I told them more about myself.’
- ‘Also implied here is an understandable leeriness on Bartov's part of the possibility that such art draws on the power of the Holocaust merely to energize itself and its forms.’
- ‘Phoenix and New Hampshire prosecutors have, at least, overcome their leeriness at even charging bishops or cardinals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.