One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I could see the leeriness in their eyes as Lisa informed them that I would be staying with them for a few days, but the tension soon dissipated as I told them more about myself.’
- ‘Phoenix and New Hampshire prosecutors have, at least, overcome their leeriness at even charging bishops or cardinals.’
- ‘It's the leeriness that puts them ahead, I think.’
- ‘Also implied here is an understandable leeriness on Bartov's part of the possibility that such art draws on the power of the Holocaust merely to energize itself and its forms.’
- ‘I share Davies' leeriness with regard to management consultants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.