One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art of healing.
- ‘Her leechcraft and repute have attracted many foreigners.’
- ‘She was worshipped by poets, and had two sisters of the same name connected with leechcraft and smithwork.’
- ‘It is unlikely that until the monasteries came any organised leechcraft even existed.’
- ‘I cured many patients and at the same time my leechcraft improved a lot.’
- ‘And yes, before anyone else writes me smug emails, I know that leeches are very useful in modern medicine, but what I actually said was ` leechcraft’.’
Old English lǣcecræft (see leech, craft).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.