One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electricity.‘they were living in a place with no water and no leccy’as modifier ‘the leccy bill’
- ‘For a long-term squat, it is often worth figuring out the gas because it reduces the leccy bill.’
- ‘Not knowing there was any leccy on anywhere we didn't leave the van till 9 o'clock.’
- ‘In theory the leccy company should do this for nothing, but I guess there might be a small service charge.’
- ‘Check this with the warden before you start plugging things in - tripping the leccy is not a good way to make friends!’
- ‘Me using all the leccy stuff without the engine running had caused it to blow, therefore it couldn't charge the battery up when running.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.