One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electricity.‘they were living in a place with no water and no leccy’as modifier ‘the leccy bill’
- ‘Not knowing there was any leccy on anywhere we didn't leave the van till 9 o'clock.’
- ‘For a long-term squat, it is often worth figuring out the gas because it reduces the leccy bill.’
- ‘Me using all the leccy stuff without the engine running had caused it to blow, therefore it couldn't charge the battery up when running.’
- ‘In theory the leccy company should do this for nothing, but I guess there might be a small service charge.’
- ‘Check this with the warden before you start plugging things in - tripping the leccy is not a good way to make friends!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.