One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Lebanon or its people.‘a Lebanese restaurant’
- ‘The final show in this summer's program is a concert by the Lebanese indie singer.’
- ‘She thanked both a Lebanese jeweler for her necklace and the high-end designer who made her outfit, predicting he would win international prizes.’
- ‘When I was growing up, my grandmother would make these very traditional Lebanese foods.’
A native or inhabitant of Lebanon, or a person of Lebanese descent.‘he was not well known among ordinary Lebanese’
- ‘It wasn't long before the Lebanese caught on to the sarcasm.’
- ‘The Lebanese have a healthy habit of laughing at themselves.’
- ‘Drive by at 4 am, and you will probably see a crowd of young Lebanese eating a post-club meal after a night of revelry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.